Tuesday 14 June 2011

Tangle a day #3 & Happy Birthday Phil!!

Welcome to another tangle a day post. Before I get to that however, I want to wish my terrific nephew Phillip Cairn a wonderful 21st birthday. Phil has recently reached some milestones - he got engaged to his long-time girlfriend Eliza Tickner and just last week, completed his apprenticeship and is now a fully qualified bricklayer (and a very skillful one at that!!).

Happy happy birthday Phil, and many more!!!

Now, onto the tangle a day . . . Today's tangle is a mandala I recently tangled. Whilst browsing through a wonderful local bookshop called QVB, I found a fantastic book called " The Mandala Doodle Book". Published by Arcturus, ISBN 978-1-84858-053-4. It contains over 100 fantastic mandala designs, many of which are ideally suited to tangle artists.

After I scanned the image into my computer, I noticed that my scanner software had a command called "invert", so, ever curious, I clicked it and was amazed at what I saw. I thought it looked really cool, so I scanned the inverted image as well, and here they both are, for your enjoyment.
Edited to add: Blogger is playing up again today, so here is the link to my flickr photostream where you can see them full-sized: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21206021@N07/
Take care and ciao for now,

1 comment:

Shobana said...

OOOOOOO! This is just FANTASTIC! Wow!