Saturday 17 September 2011

Crochet Slouchie Beret

Howdy bloggers,
Long time no see!! Been busy and pre-occupied and a bit lazy. Soz.

I thought I would share a photo of what I have been making lately - slouchie berets!!! I love these - so easy and quick to make (I made 4 in the last week or so). This one is modelled by my darling Emily. Check out those blue blue eyes!!

It is green as that is the school colour. This is for her to wear to school in the cool months. Maddie has one exactly the same (except a little larger). I made one for myself, trying to jig to pattern and it was all wrong. So I unpicked it, rejigged and it was still all wrong. No way was I unpicking again, so I gave it to Em, who gave it to her friend. Went to a nice home and the recipient loves it. I also made one for Jenni, who also loved hers.

I now have 2 more to make - one for my hubby in purple (started but still going) and another school coloured one for one of Emily's friends.

The pattern is one that one of my Wednesday Knit and Natter ladies let me copy, which she found on the internet. Hang on, I'll find the link just in case anyone else out there wan't to play. . . OK, here you go Easy slouchie hat. The pattern is for one skein, but it depends on the weight of your yarn. For Jenni's hat, I used 2 skeins of Little Grins yarn (50g each). Emily's and Maddie's hats used less than one large (100g I think) ball of 8ply acrylic. I crochet with a loose stitch btw.

So, without further ado, here is Em modelling the lovely Easy slouchie hat





Take care and ciao for now,

No comments: