Saturday 3 May 2008

Birdie Birthday Card

Hi All!!

Today I made a card for my DD's friend Georgia, who turns 8 tomorrow.
I used one of my new stamp sets, Tags & Words, by Heidi Grace - love these cute images!

(you can click on the photo for a larger image)

Here's how I made it: With Stazon Jet Black inkpad, stamped the birdie then stamped the flowers repeating across the bottom of the white cardstock. Stamped the square tag then stamped the sentiment in Tempting Turquoise (SU). Distressed the edges of the white cardstock and pick base card with Pixie Pink inkpad (SU). Coloured the images with Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise and Barely Banana inkpads, picking up the colour directly off the inkpads with my waterbrush. Traces around the edges of the stamped images with a light grey Tombow marker. Added Kaiser & generic rhinestones over the stamped tag and the flower centres. Painted some Glossy Accents (dimensional medium) over the birdie image then covered with ultrafine holographic glitter. Added some layered Prima flowers with a brad for the sun.

A fun, fast and cute card. Hope you enjoy!

oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGIA!!!

Deanne
xxx

1 comment:

Wirg's Creative World said...

Hi Deanne
I love this card it's so sparkly, very pretty. Blogs looking great!

hugs
Wirg